Marketing Strategy Consultancy MKTG 3250-001 CRN #24430
Class location: Lecture Hall 106, Friday building
Class meeting times: Mondays & Wednesdays 8:00 – 9:15 am
Final exam: Wednesday May 4, 8:00 – 10:30 am
If you email me, please start your subject line “MKTG 3250 …
Teams 6 & 7 advance to the Final Four round. Congratulations!
Team Presentation Times – team presentation times Please read useful info in notes below times in this document (i.e. bottom half of page)
QUESTIONS for client must be submitted to the instructor in writing. Questions will be sent to the client on Mondays and Wednesdays by 5 pm. Answers will be emailed to teams once received.
Student Info Page – these forms will be distributed on the first day of class
Class #1 PPT – class 1 – strategy – spring 2015
Strategy is a creative and individual part of marketing. There are many different ways to develop marketing strategies, but there are common elements to marketing plans. Any of the following books present worthwhile approaches. It is recommended that each team uses at least one of these references. This reference list will be discussed in class #1.
- Aaker, David A. Strategic Marketing Management, 9th edition (New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2011)
- Best, Roger J. Market-Based Management: Strategies for Growing Customer Value and Profitability, 6th edition (Boston: Pearson Education, 2013)
- Cravens, David and Nigel Piercy, Strategic Marketing, 10th edition (Burr Ridge, IL: McGraw-Hill, 2012)
- Ferrell, O.C. and Michael D. Hartline, Marketing Strategy, 6th edition (Mason, OH: SOUTH-WESTERN CENGAGE Learning, 2014)
- Hill, Mark E. Marketing Strategy: The Thinking Involved (Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publishing, 2013)
- Kerin, Roger A. and Robert A. Peterson, Strategic Marketing Problems, 13th edition (Boston: Pearson Education, 2013)
- Mooradian, Todd A., Kurt Matzler, Lawrence J. Ring Strategic Marketing (Boston: Prentice Hall, 2012)
- Walker, Orville C. and John W. Mullins, Marketing Strategy: A Decision-Focused Approach, 8th edition (Burr Ridge, IL: McGraw-Hill, 2013)